Thursday, July 9, 2009

Bang & Olufsen all niiiiiight class warfare

So, I'm considering buying this pair of Bang & Olufsen BeoLab 4 speakers with the Macbook I'm buying in the fall... and I check out the reviews because I wasn't sure whether I could justify $1000 for two pyramid shaped speakers. I mean, I wanna watch movies on it, right?

And they are ridiculous, but I saw two that contrasted so extremely and almost offensively that I thought they may just be the same person:

"These are absolutely the best speakers I have owned. The sound is rich and enjoyable. these speakers make better sound than a three, five, or six piece audio system. I do do think they are too expensive, but worth it, just like a 22 thousand dollar B&O TV. "

...you know, three, FIVE, or six piece audio system. a-who says that that doesn't sell this shit - let's talk about the channels, not the pieces. congrats on the bose. too expensive, but worth it, just like a TV that costs as much as a toyota prius - because if you're going to present a markup metaphor, you're going to try to make the product seem like an ACTUAL nominal fee, not like buying a golden toilet seat. pompus asshole."

I mean, seriously - I always think some people that blog and review and such work for the company - could this be one of them? could this be... maybe... a competitor?

hrrm:

"this speakers went thought 2 different people thne to my uncle than to me, started off at IBM exec office, to a home computer system, then to my uncles work office, and lastly to me....and after 7 months this baby is amazing, good condition ,bass is hard how i like it, and it has good sound in my room, i recommend it if you have 1000 dollars to spend....i think this one beats the Bose one for 1099...the big white one with quad speakers go around the sub, neways for 1 grand this thing is really good, espacilly after 7 months of high volume usage, no buffer, or rattle "

... ok. so you're certainly drunk, or such an unbelievable backwater redneck homeless fuck-up that you literally didn't notice any errors in your post. well.. so what you're saying is... your uncles CEO bought the speakers, and thought "what the fuck did i spend a thousand fucking dollars for? and it's past the damn return policy" - and handed them to his secretary to give her nephew for christmas... and he had never fucking heard of bang & olufsen and sold them for $100 to your uncle jebediah, who doesn't even use a computer, so he gave them to you when you mentioned how cool they looked. you thought - "thank god, i don't have to listen to my gateway laptop speakers anymore - i worry that they'll start a fire lately," and 'OH SNAP - my speakers aren't built-in anymore - i'd NEVER used speakers that weren't built in! this shit is rockin'! and i truly have the best speakers in the trailer park - i turned it up real high like once, and the tin walls started rattlin'!'. you then, in a drunken stupor, collapsed next to your computer and decided to write a review. and then looked for the next highest price point in the category, and wrote about how 'they're an even better deal than the one that's even $1100 fuckin' dollars - d'ya baleed dad chit!? hooooooie!' - failing to mention the fact that you haven't even had sony computer side speakers before. 'i've been blasting my-chemical-romance for 7 months (my dad hates it - and beats my mom when he's drunk), and i still haven't blown them out!'.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE! He mentioned the alternative in the review - and it's not going to be hard to find an $1100 bose sound system that references compact surround sound...

so let's check it out:

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/home_theater/321_systems/321_gs/index.jsp

obviously the choice - it's also a dvd player; perfect for my room.

and the same price - how the hell did they find something for 1100 without ending up with at least 5 high quality bose speakers, thereby invalidating their claim entirely - as the comparable 3-2-1 system is in a league far above and beyond.

hi. my name is brian, and i'm a bose. guess i've made my choice!

<3

and i just spent 2 hours on the computer dicking around the apple store.

goodnight!

No comments:

Brian on Loopt!